With services that span the generations, Family Service of Champaign County assists thousands of people each year challenged by physical, emotional, and financial “marathons” that are often so unexpected or difficult in nature that they are unprepared or incapable of completing this stage in life’s journey alone.
Since 1911, Family Service staff has offered our community the expertise, resources, and information to assist individuals of all ages and families at all stages to successfully meet life’s changes and challenges. When the unexpected happens to you or yours, you can be reassured that our family of services will be there for you.
Today, we ask for your help. Will you consider running for Family Service? Your miles and your sponsors will literally change lives in 2017!
• 2,000+ older adults will remain safely in their own homes with our in-home care, meal assistance, transportation, friendly visits, & caregiver support
• 600 families and people of all ages will be served with counseling and parenting support. Hundreds of individuals will be strengthened as we connect them with one of 200 area self-help groups that we assist
• Adults with chronic medical needs and their caregivers will benefit from evidence-based training as they learn to manage their lives
• Adults with disabilities ages 18-59 and anyone age 60+ will receive adult protective services to prevent and respond to abuse, fraud, and neglect
• The skills and experience of adults age 55+ will be matched with area non-profits, providing the community with 100,000+ hours of volunteer service
Miles for changed lives… give a gift that keeps on giving across the generations!